On our Windows 10 computer, we are given the possibility to choose from several power plans which come by default on the computer. There are a total of three options in this regard. Although for users, these plans may not match what they need. So there is the possibility of creating our own power plan on the computer so that it adjusts to our use of it.
So we can configure all kinds of aspects in this power plan. Think about things like how long the screen will take to turn off, the brightness level, or how certain buttons will behave in Windows 10. These are the things that have to be considered to create a power plan.
The steps in this regard are not complicated. So all kinds of users will be able to follow them to create their own power plan in the operating system in this way. It is something much more straightforward than many users think. What we have to do is the following:
How to manage custom power plans on Windows 10
- First, we have to go to the control panel. To do this, we introduce a control panel in the search bar that we have in the taskbar and click on that option.
- Once inside this control panel, we go to the hardware and sound section. In there is where we find the section of power options, which is what we have to click on in this regard.
- When we have entered this option or section, we will see that a menu appears in the left panel of the screen. We have to look at this menu because it is where we find the function “Create a Power plan.” It is exactly what interests us in this specific case.
- Click on it and wait for a new window to open on the screen, with an assistant in it.
Windows 10 puts a kind of assistant at our disposal, which will help us create this personalized power plan. We will be asked to give a name to that plan first, which will be what we want. It is not something that has too much importance; after the name, we click on the Next button.
- On the next screen really starts setting up this power plan. We are first asked to configure the sleep mode of the computer screen.
That is, how long does it take until the screen turns off in case we do not use the computer. In addition to choosing how long we want it to be until Windows 10 enters said sleep mode. This is something that each user must determine to their liking.
- On the other hand, it allows us to adjust the screen brightness that said power plan is going to have.
If we have already found the brightness that we want to use, then we can already hit the create button, so that said power plan for the computer is now official. It is not something that takes a long time, as you can see.
- When we have created it, we will be taken back to the page where the power plans are in Windows 10. Among them, we already see the new plan that we have created.
If we click on the option to change the plan settings and then enter the option called “Change advanced power settings,” “We are going to be able to configure various aspects of it. For further customization of this plan. It allows us to configure certain additional details, which surely make it more comfortable for users.
Once this is configured, we can exit this screen, and we can mark the plan, to be the one that comes into operation on our Windows 10 computer. We have already created and established our power plan.