Windows 10 is an operating system that gives us many possibilities in terms of customization. This is something that also refers to the sounds in it. Since there may be people who want no sounds on the computer, they may be sensitive to sounds and find them annoying. In this sense, we have several options available on the computer.
Since Windows 10 gives us the possibility to disable all sounds. So none will be emitted on the system. Although if there are only some sounds that seem annoying, we can select the specific ones that we do not want. These two options are possible and are very easy to carry out.
Because you will be able to choose the option that best suits what you are looking for. Next, we are going to tell you the steps to follow in both cases. So if you have already planned to carry out one of the two, you will not encounter any problem in the process. You just have to follow the steps below.
We start with the more extreme option of the two. We are going to remove from the media all those sounds that are in Windows 10. The operating system has a function that makes it possible to remove them all. Also, we do not have to install anything because it is something that is natively in the operating system itself. So it is really easy to carry out. What do we have to do in this case?
- We must first access the Windows 10 configuration. To do this, you can use the Win + I key combination. Then the settings will open on the computer screen.
- In it, we have a series of sections, of which the one that interests us is the personalization section. Therefore, we click on it. Then, in the column on the left of the screen, we click on themes.
- Then the options in this section appear in the center of the screen. One of those that comes out is the sound one, on which you have to click.
- Then a new window opens on the computer screen, which is the sound screen. In this window, we will see that there is a section called Combination of sounds, which has a dropdown list below. You have to click on this list, and in it, select No sounds. Then we click apply and then accept below.
In this way, we have already removed all sounds in Windows 10. Very easy to get, as you can see. If you want to undo this, the steps are the same; only you have to choose another option in that list. Next, if we only want some sounds.
Disable some sounds in Windows 10
There may be only a few bothersome sounds. In this case, we do not have to bet on something as extreme as we have done in the first section. But we have to bet on other methods. Windows 10 allows you to mute only some sounds. We do it in the personalization section, where we were in the first section.
- We click again on the topic option in the left column of the screen. Next, we have to enter the sound section again. We, therefore, click on this option, so that the window appears on the screen.
- At the bottom of that window is a section called sounds, with a dropdown list. In it, we have all kinds of sounds from the operating system. The only thing to do is to select [Ninguno] in the event you want to mute.
In this way, a specific sound from the operating system is being silenced. As usual, it is not known what each sound is; you can click on the specific sound and give it a try, to know what each one is because you don’t want to remove the sound of some important notification in Windows 10.