If someone else has access to your account in Windows 10, it is normal that there are certain aspects that you seek to protect. For example, that case can occur with documents, which we do not want the other person to be able to read. In this case, there is the possibility of encrypting documents. This is something that we can easily do on our computer.
Therefore, below we show you the steps we have to follow in this case, to be able to encrypt documents in Windows 10. This is something that will allow us no one to access them. A good way to improve your privacy on the computer, which is also very easy to get.
How can I encrypt my files and folders in Windows 10
- First of all, we will have to find the file that we want to encrypt, such as a document for example, in one of the folders that we have in Windows 10.
- We then right-click on it and click on the property option in the context menu that appears on the screen.
- When we are inside the properties, we have to go to the general tab. In this tab, we find several options, one of which is called Advanced, on which we have to click.
- A different window will then open on the screen. In this new window, you have to look for the option to encrypt the document.
- So we just have to select this option to be able to encrypt this document in Windows 10.
- It is an easy way to do it and will allow the user who has done this process to be the only one who has access to it. We will be able to see that next to the said document we get the icon of a padlock, which attests that it has been encrypted.
- As you can see, Encrypting documents in Windows 10 is easy, which does not take too long.
So it is something you can do at all times without too many problems, for better use of your computer and greater privacy.